• To recognize that more than 65% of American adults are overweight or obese and more than 95% of American adults perform too little physical activity.Learning Objectives
• To understand that resistance exercise is a highly effective means for rebuilding muscle, recharging resting metabolism, and reducing fat in overweight and obese individuals.Learning Objectives
• To realize that people with high body weight and low physical fitness are more likely to engage in low-volume and short-duration strength training programs.Learning Objectives
• To design research-based resistance training protocols that are physiologically and psychologically appropriate for beginning exercisers.Learning Objectives
• To evaluate similarities and differences in sex responses to resistance exercise.