Care Delivery Challenges for Nursing
1. Nursing interventions aren't considered a discrete component of care primarily because
a. their implementation is inconsistent.
b. they're not always documented.
c. their effects are not always positive.
d. they're not well defined and measured.
2. Results of the three studies of nurses as diabetes case managers discussed in this article demonstrated
a. better cost-effectiveness.
b. sustained levels of resources.
c. improved patient satisfaction.
d. better long-term diabetes control.
3. A review by van Dam and colleagues showed that outcomes were better when providers' interventions were
4. About what percentage of diabetes management is provided to outpatients in primary care settings?
5. The certified diabetes educators surveyed by Funnell and colleagues indicated that they had little control over
a. program budgets.
b. delivery of services.
c. program content.
d. patient outcomes.
6. According to Ziemer and colleagues, higher rates of treatment intensification take place in
a. diabetes clinics.
b. home health care.
c. family practice clinics.
d. internal medicine clinics.
7. The National Committee for Quality Assurance measures the quality of
a. home health services.
b. disease management.
c. managed care services.
d. nursing interventions.
8. The key to profitability of a diabetes education program is
a. minimal overhead.
b. a sound business plan.
c. ample investment funds.
d. adequate reimbursement.