Ingestion of foreign bodies is common in infants. As a rule, the infant is being observed and the event is witnessed. When it is unwitnessed, acute symptoms bring the problem to the attention of a physician. When the ingestion is not witnessed or symptomatic, its presence can only be surmised. The object can create injuries and chronic symptoms that are not typical for this accident. Here is reported an ingestion of a coin that went undiagnosed and untreated for more than a year. The result was a transmural esophageal injury with stricture formation. The diagnostic methods and transcervical repair are described.