Oesophageal foreign bodies (FBs) are commonly encountered in an otolaryngology setting. The majority of such cases remain in the paediatric population, where obtaining an accurate history of events is challenging. Oesophageal FBs present in a variety of ways other than dysphagia, which may result in delayed presentation, diagnosis and subsequent treatment. Where an ingested FB is a battery, early removal is advocated owing to the potential for significant complications, a problem highlighted by a patient safety alert issued by NHS England. A common paediatric presentation, torticollis has a multitude of potential underlying causes. We present an unusual case of torticollis in a two-year old girl, subsequently revealed to be caused by an ingested button battery.