Anaphylactic reaction in a hairdresser due to sensitization to persulphates


    loading  Checking for direct PDF access through Ovid

Abstract

Severe occupational systemic reactions to persulphates have rarely been described and if so mainly after skin contact with bleaching products. We report the first case of a hairdresser with an allergy to persulphates obtained during professional work, who developed anaphylaxis caused by persulphates present in dental cement during dental treatment. This case documents that sensitization to occupational allergens can induce severe systemic reactions outside the workplace. Additionally, it also recommends the need for greater awareness of medical professionals, including dentists, of the possibility of anaphylaxis in patients with occupational allergy.

    loading  Loading Related Articles