A well-appearing 3-year-old boy presented to the pediatric emergency department 2 hours after a presumed hydrocarbon ingestion. He was referred to the emergency department by his pediatrician after consultation with the local poison control center after possibly ingesting ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) fragrance oil. The child was asymptomatic with a normal physical examination. Point-of-care lung ultrasound identified focal hydrocarbon pneumonitis in the right lung and demonstrated resolution of these findings. Utilization of point-of-care ultrasound resulted in a shorter emergency department length of stay and the avoidance of radiation exposure from serial chest x-rays.