Lowland copperhead (Austrelaps superbus) envenomation causing severe neuromuscular paralysis in a dog

    loading  Checking for direct PDF access through Ovid

Abstract

Case report

A case of lowland copperhead snake (Austrelaps superbus) envenomation in a dog is described. The dog developed severe and prolonged neuromuscular paralysis, including ventilatory failure. The dog was treated successfully with antivenom, intravenous fluids and mechanical ventilation.

Clinical significance

The toxic components of lowland copperhead snake venom are reviewed.

Related Topics

    loading  Loading Related Articles